Friday, December 12, 2008

Sharp LC-32SB21U, Vizio VO32LF and VO37LF


The old TV set in the living room is on its last legs! The picture keeps collapsing into a bright, colorful yet very thin line. Some gentle banging on the side of the television temporarily fixes the problem, but is this exercise of strength even safe? Time to look for a new LCD TV!

I said this many times and I will say it again. There is no better place for getting a TV than Costco. They hand pick the models they sell from select manufacturers (Sony, Sharp, Philips, Vizio etc.) and offer very competitive prices. But the best thing ever is Costo's extended warranty. 2 years!

My initial pick was a 32 inch Sharp LC-32SB21U. It is now sold out at the local Costco store. I did have a few reservations about it, however. It is not a 1080p TV. But this may not be a big deal in an 32 inch model. Face it, the screen is simply not enough to reflect the nuances that Blu-Ray (and Blu-Ray only, mind you) are capable of producing. Is it really a big issue? On the hole, I think that Sharp has a much better picture than Vizio and I simply trust the brand a lot more. My 26 inch Sharp has been great. Anyway, unless LC-32SB21U reappears at the store I will probably go with one of the Vizio TVs: VO32LF or VO37LF. It is a common practice in less established brands to pack in a lot of feature at a low price. And that's ok. As long as they work. And remember, with Costco's 2-year warranty, if the TV breaks I can bring it back for full refund. And if it breaks afterwards, goodness only knows what kind of TV you will be able to pick up for $300 in a couple of years.


Vizio VO32LF manual
Vizio VO37LF manual

No comments: