Friday, May 23, 2008

Philips HTS3544 home theater and the iPod dock

Here is one feature that may seem insignificant to someone, but for me, as an avid iPod user, it is quite important. Whenever I plug in my iPod to the computer with a USB cord (to charge, to update or to simply play the content) the iPod "forgets" the exact place where it was before the connection had been established. This is quite a nuisance, because I often listen to audio books and long podcasts, so it is difficult to find the exact location in the mp3 file. Now, when I put my iPod on the cradle of my Philips HTS3544 home theater not only it resumes playback from the exact place where I paused it, it retains the location after it's disconnected. It seems that the implementation of hardware connections is different in my home theater system. This might be something to consider when you are buying a home theater.

See also:
Home media room design

No comments: